Alphabetical List of Roses we try to have for sale starting with the letter S;
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Y Z
HOME PLANT SALE LILACS ROSES NEWS ORDERING
53) 'SALET'_Moss Rose, non recurrent,
54) Sarah Van Fleet Hybrid Rugosa Rose Hardy in zones 6 through 9, 8 feet tall x 6 feet wide.
55) 'SCABROSA Hybrid Rugosa Rose 'Scabrosa Hybrid Rugosa Rose introduced by Harkness in 1950. (Zones 3 thru 8, 5 feet x 5 feet) shade tolerant, moderately fragrant flowers bloom late spring and throughout summer, reddish gold fall foliage ("Growing Roses Organically" Wilde, 174, zones 3-10, DR-0/0), ("Classic Roses" Beales, 62, fllf:247), (Taylor's Guides "Roses" Ondra, 142, zones 3-8). Growing well in a 45 gallon pot near the sidewalk (2009, 5).
143 Schneekoppe, Schneekopf, Snow Pavement 'Schneekoppe', 'Schneekopf', Snow Pavement Hybrid Rugosa Rose introduced in 1984 (zones 3 thru 8, 4'x4') fragrant, pale lavender flowers rapidly fading to white bloom from late spring throughout summer when regularly dead headed and fertilized.
144 Schneezwerg, Snow Dwarf (R. rugosa x R. bracteata) Hybrid Rugosa Rose 'Schneezwerg', 'Snow Dwarf' Hybrid Rugosa Rose introduced in 1912, (zones 4 thru 8, 3 feet x 3 feet), it blooms for us all summer when regularly dead headed and fertilized. The last one will soon be planted in a 45 gallon pot from which we will take cuttings L
147 Semi-Plena, 'White Rose of York', 'Bonnie Prince Charlie's Rose', 'La Rose de York', Rosa x alba suaveolens, Rosa x alba nivea, Rosa alba 'Semi plena' Alba Rose introduced before 1597, (zones 3 thru 9, 8 feet x 5 feet), strongly fragrant it blooms for several weeks in late spring to early summer. Growing well in a 45 gallon pot near the sidewalk.
56 'SEVEN SISTERS' (1817) Multiflora Rambler Rose Hardy in zones 4 through 9, 10 feet tall x 10 feet wide (2012, 8).
57) 'SIR_THOMAS_LIPTON' Hybrid Rugosa Rose Zones 3 thru 8, grows to around 6 feet tall and wide, blooms from late spring to early fall, introduced in 1900 L(2009, 9).
145 Soupert et Notting, Perpetual flowering Damask Moss, Introduced in 1874, Hardy in zones 5 through 9, 3 feet tall x 3 feet wide. Non-recurrent, pink double flowers.
146 Souvenir de Philemon Cochet Hybrid Rugosa Rose, Introduced in 1900, Hardy in zones 3 through 9, 5 feet tall x 5 feet wide (2012, 5).
59) 'STANWELL PERPETUAL' Hybrid Scotch Rose (Best Rose Guide" Phillips & Rix, 189, zone 4(-30 f)), ("The Encyclopedia of Roses" McKeon, 180, zones 3-8, DR-0/0), ("Growing Roses Organically" Wilde, 175, zones 4-10, DR-0/0), ("Roses Of America" Scanniello, 45), ("Classic Roses" Beales, 145), ( and quartered. Stephen says this rose is "reliably recurrent". Hardy in zones 3 through 9, 5 feet tall x 5 feet wide. I have seen this rose growing more than 10 feet wide and flowering prolifically in spring with good repeat when dead headed and fertilized.
204 'Super Dorothy' 1986 'Super Dorothy', repeat flowering modern rambler, looks similar to 'Dorothy Perkins' but is less vigorous, seems to be a cross between 'Dorothy Perkins' and a repeat blooming rose, introduced in 1986, Hardy in zones 5 through 9, 8 feet tall x 8 feet wide
205 'Surpasse Tout' 1823 'Surpasse Tout', 'Cerisette la Jolie', Gallica Rose, introduced before 1823, fragrant, deep cerisse-maroon flowers, gallica before 1811, 4b thru 8b, 4x3, carmine red with purple mottleing, strong fragrance.